An award-winning and critically acclaimed British conductor and composer. Embracing a wide-range of work, his continued Musical Directorships in Thursford and Slaithwaite are combined with guest conducting in Russia and across Europe as well as further tours to China. This season also includes performances of his trombone concerto, chamber and vocal works, a new piece for violist Rivka Golani and the first version of his theatre work for Tafahum in early 2021.
Recent seasons include performances with the Philharmonia, London Philharmonic, Jena Philharmonic, Orchestre de Picardie, English Chamber Orchestra, BBC Scottish Symphony, BBC National Orchestra of Wales, Orchestre National de Lille, Shanghai Opera House Orchestra, St Petersburg Symphony… (cont.)
Composition Sample Audio
- Crossing Green - Clip East / West Fusion Chamber Ensemble 0:26
- One Before Zero Oratorio - Clip 2 Choirs, Orchestra & Vocal Soloists 1:36
- Three States at Play - Clip Solo Violin 0:58
- Vanon - Clip Brass Ensemble 1:12
- String Sinfonia - Clip String Ensemble 0:25
- White Knight - Clip Voice & Piano 2:21
- Siksika Viola Concerto - Clip Chamber Orchestra 1:56
- Miyabi Violin Concerto - Clip Symphony Orchestra 1:32
BEFORE THE DAWN
Benjamin introduces the collaborative work, “Before the Dawn”.
The piece incorporates a range of found atmospheric sounds recorded by the local community including footsteps, yoga mantras, right through to household appliances.
Benjamin discusses the compositional process used as part of this ‘Rural Arts’ project in North Yorkshire.